It was a balmy 43 degrees today, complete with sun which turn the pasture into…
a watery, icy, slick mess. 😦 Ugh!
- Wading through the pasture…
Did I mention we received 2/10ths of an inch or rain too?
- Breve and Depla
There is not normally a pond in the middle of our pasture.
- Coconut crossing through the icy, watery mess…
- Tip-toeing along the edges…
- Trying to cross…
- The matriarch and her reflection….
- The rams pen, not as bad as the ewes.
- The heifers…
On a side note, I think we successfully AI’ed Butterscotch (the red Dexter) about 45 days ago! We should be expecting a calf sometime in early September!!
The sheep remind me of the kids, they have a nice dry hillside to stay on but are out exploring the puddles! Hopefully the weather cools down a bit or seriously warms up to dry up this mess.
It is January…. right?
The sheep are loving the snow!
Finally a taste of winter!
- The sheep out in the snow…
- Vaka out investigating…